With the January transfer window opening across Europe, there has been plenty of speculation about who is moving to where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest buzz on rumours, arrivals, departures and, of course, deals!
UPDATE: Villa turn to Henrique after Williams snub
Aston Villa are after turning their attention to young Brazilian talent Luiz Henrique after registering the Athletic Club competitor Nico Williamsaccording to the Daily Mail.
The report claims that Villa are ready to trigger Williams’ £45m release clause at the Bilbao club, which ended the £34.6m fee paid for the transfer of winger Emiliano Buendia to 2021 from Norwich City.
Williams has emerged as Europe’s top scorer and is expected to qualify for the 2022 World Cup with Spain, but the 20-year-old is expected to stay in LaLiga for now.
With that, Villa boss Unai Emery is always on the lookout for attacking reinforcements and Henrique has seen an option. Henrique played for Real Betis, and the report said he would have a transfer value of around £20m. The 22-year-old Brazilian signed for Betis last summer from Botafogo, and has scored three goals, along with five assists in all competitions this season.
Villa’s recent improvement under Emery has seen them move away from the bottom three, but they are keen to strengthen their options going forward, as they sit three places away from Brighton. six.
– Ayoze Perez is set to leave Leicester City, with a move to nearby Real Betis, according to Rudy Galetti. The report shows that Betis was able to fix some situations with external transfers, which allowed a deal for Perez to come closer. Perez has been linked with a move away from Leicester since the start of the transfer window, despite a lack of regular game time this season.
– Tiemoue Bakayoko He intends to leave AC Milan and sign for Turkish club Adana Demirspor in three years, according to Calciomercato. The 28-year-old midfielder is nearing the end of his two-year loan at Milan, however, it is expected that his loan deal will soon be terminated to see him sign for the Super Lig side.
– Nottingham Forest are increasing their interest in the Paris Saint-Germain keeper Keylor Navas after Dean Henderson’s injury, according to the Daily Mail. Henderson picked up a thigh injury in Forest’s clash with Leicester earlier in the month, and it is unclear when he will return. This has only been shown to increase their interest in Navas, who is behind Gianluigi Donnarumma in the pecking order at PSG.
– THiago Silva is set for a new deal at Chelsea, according to the Mirror. Silva’s current contract expires at the end of the season, however, it is understood that Graham Potter is keen not to lose the experience provided by the 38-year-old Brazilian.
– Southampton have turned their attention to Marseille Bamba Dieng after a snub from Nicolas Jackson, according to the Express. The report shows that the Saints are keen to strengthen their attacking options and have chosen Dieng as their choice. He is believed to have taken a liking to Jackson, however, who is expected to join AFC Bournemouth from Villarreal.